Scheduled Bills - No Number

keithwjones keith at worlebury.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 07:07:35 EST 2017

I was a long time Quicken XG 2004 user but in Win 10 it would not add new
vendors. So the time was right for a change.

I had GnuCash in my sights for sometime so started to use it - 2.6.18.
Always helps to read manual before you start, all up and runnning smooothly.
I was manually adding bills and paying them and issuing invoices.

Thought I would try scheduled transactions, never did in Quicken. First
attempt I had a payment but no bill. So I created two entries a bill and a
payment. This appears to work fine with entries in AP, general ledger, money
taken from bank account and an entry in expenses. Do I need two separate
entries?

Entering each one manually I get a bill number from the system but when I do
it by schedule no bill number is created. Am I missing something or is this
how the sytem works?

I am impressed with the way GnuCash works, thank you to all those involved.

Keith