Update stock quotes not working

"Peter Gröbner" peter_groebner at web.de
Tue Nov 14 11:03:47 EST 2017

   Hello,

   Iam new to Gnucash and got some trouble updating my stock quotes. First
   some informations:
   - OS: Ubuntu 16.04.03 LTS (Xenial Xerus)
   - Gnucash 2.6.12

   I have tried a lot of things so far but I never get back any values
   when trying to get the current stock prices. What Ive done so far:

   1.) Checked my Finance::Quote installation by using gnc-fq-update (see
   email attachement)
   2.) Checked all available quote sources by using gnc-fq-check (see
   email attachement)
   3.) Tried a lot of different sources and some different stocks (but
   mainly Amazon, like descirbed in the online help). With some quote
   sources i receive "No results found for stock xy" and with other I get
   "This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!" (see email attachement).
   Here are some examples of what I did:
        - gnc-fq-dump yahoo AMZN
        - gnc-fq-dump yahoo_europe AMZN
        - gnc-fq-dump unionfunds AMZN        <-- German quote source
        - gnc-fq-dump unionfunds AMZ.F        <-- Traded in Frankfurt
        - gnc-fq-dump unionfunds 906866     <-- Type: German WKN
   And  all this with a lot more sources and types....

   Can anyone tell me what Iam doing wrong? I have read a lot of forum
   discussions but I could not fix the problem.
   Thanks in advance!

   Greetings