Gnucash doesn't open in High Sierra

Peter Schoonmaker petermschoonmaker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:36:19 EST 2017

Hello,

I’ve used Gnucash for several years and I love it. But, I’m a complete novice about the technical side of Gnucash and I need very basic help. I understand that the following is a fix or work around my recent problem:

copy /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib to Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib

However, I don’t know what the above line means nor how to implement it. In other words, how do I copy /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib to Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib?

I’m embarrassed to admit my lack of knowledge, but I would need a step by step description in order to fix this problem on my MacBook Pro.

I don’t even know the version of Gnucash that I’m running. I don’t want to lose my data from the last few years. Is it safe to try to reinstall Gnucash with the latest version?

I’ve thought about moving my Gnucash data from my current computer to another Mac that’s running an older operating system than High Sierra, but I don’t even know how to begin to do that.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance you can give me. I’ve copied this message to my regular email address so I won’t miss any replies. Thanks again.

Peter