interface problem between gnucash and finance::quote

uhopfer@gmail uhopfer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 20:37:58 EST 2017

I have problems retrieving quotes with gnucash even though gnc-fq-dump
retrieves quotes when I use yahoo_json or yahoo_yql or alphavantage. For
example,

xx>perl gnc-fq-dump yahoo_json FBIOX FBGRX FCNTX FEMEX FARNX FDSVX FISMX FOSFX FSCSX FTRNX
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
  symbol: FBIOX                <=== required
  date: 00/00/2000           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
  last: 214.7                <=\
  nav:                      <=== one of these
  price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
=====

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
  symbol: FBGRX                <=== required
  date: 00/00/2000           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
  last: 88.28                <=\
  nav:                      <=== one of these
  price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
=====

etc.

When I use gnucash, regardless of the source, I get

There was an unknown error while retrieving the price quotes!

or
Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
   FUND:FBGRX
   CURRENCY:XDR
   CURRENCY:EUR

I have windows 8.1 and FQ 1.47 and gnucash 2.6.18.
I suspect that there is problem in the interface with alphavantage, yahoo_json, and yahoo_yql.
Has anyone solved this problem?

--
Ulrich Hopfer
uhopfer at gmail.com