Two different sets of accounts

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Mon Nov 20 09:47:08 EST 2017

Guncash, opening in its default mode, will always open the last file you
had opened.
a) You can "tell" gnucash not to do this, but instead open "nofile" and
then you have to choose which file you want to open (there is even a
drop down list for the last several you had open). That is what those of
us who are using gnucash to keep several sets of books usually choose to
do << there is no reason for us to expect that the books we want are the
same as last open >>
b) Even when gnucash has opened the "wrong" set of books (you have two)
you can at that point tell it to open the other. See that "file" button
on the top left? That will let you open another, either from the list OR
by explicitly entering the name.

Michael D Novack