Could not obtain the lock

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Nov 21 02:35:25 EST 2017

Hi Moira,

What about the folder that the GC data file is in - is that read-only?  can you
create a file in that folder using some other program, say notepad or word?

Don't know how windows manages username permissions - I know that some files
can only be touched by an administrator.  You didn't specify windows in your
OP, it would certainly be possible on linux that the new user ID would not
have permissions to the files of an old ID...

Maf.