2.6.3 > 2.6.18?

Sean Perlmutter seancanbefound at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:04:01 EST 2017

Hi GnuCashers,

New to the list and a rook when it comes to technical stuff, so forgive me
in advance.

I’ve got the same issue as this
<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2017-November/073095.html>:
Just updated to High Sierra, now GnuCash won’t open. And I can’t find
Gnucash.app/contents/Resources/lib.

It looks like the workaround is to simply update to the newest version of
GnuCash. Which I’m happy to do. But something is odd.

I have version 2.6.3, installed March 2014. And the GnuCash homepage shows
the most recent version as 2.6.18. The version number is lower! Am I
missing something? Is that a more recent version than 2.6.3?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sean