Restarting a Scheduled Transaction - possible ?

aegross aegross at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 22:23:00 EST 2017

Greetings, I had a scheduled transaction that ran for x months and has now
ended.  I would like to restart the transaction with some changes.  I used
the SX editor to change the start date but the transaction would not restart
-- I tried restarting gnucash to start the next series of transactions, but
nothing happens.  Also tried running the "since last run" command but that
didn't help.

Running GC v2.6.17 on Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6)

Parameters around the transaction:

OVERVIEW tab
- "enable" checkbox is checked
- the new date (that I set trying to restart the transaction) persists after
restarting GnuCash and is currently one day (11/22) in the future.
- "create automatically" is checked
- "create in advance" is set to 15 days.
- last occurred (which I can't change), is actually 2 days in the future
(11/23) and was an error when the original transaction was created; before
trying to restart the transaction series I had deleted this incorrect entry
in the account.
- Under "For", it's set to 12 occurrences.

FREQUENCY TAB
- "Start" date is set to 11/22/17 (had been 11/23/16 originally)
- Every "1" months
- On the "22nd", except.... "no change"

Am thinking either scheduled transactions can't be restarted (or recycled)
OR having the SX editor think the last transaction occurred after the next
scheduled transaction (the first transaction in the new series) is a
problem.

After writing all this I am thinking the answer is probably just to delete
and redo the SX; any other ideas?

Thanks,
AEG