GnuCash release numbering

Alan Whiteman a.c.whiteman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 10:27:55 EST 2017

Thank you Eric for such a thorough explanation. Very nice.

I think my point is purely from a marketing perspective. For the
number-inclined people such as accountants and software developers, this
all makes perfect sense. However, for the ordinary folk the system can
be confusing. So perhaps a sort of "cosmetic" version system may be
employed?

2.6.18 -> "Version 26"

2.7.0 -> "Version 27"

2.7.1 -> Version 28"

...etc.

Although to be perfectly honest, "stable release" is clearly labeled on
the website.