recover GNUcash data after windows crash

Ian McAllister purchase at smarthomebiz.com
Mon Nov 27 09:24:07 EST 2017

Hi, I think I sent my earlier message to the wrong address.

My motherboard crashed and I needed a new one and re-installed Windows.
Fortunately I had a backup of my main folders.

I copied the GNUcash folder across from the backup then re-installed
over the top of it, in the hope that I would then have all my data files
included, but it didn't work that way.

So I found \Users\myusernam\.gnucash\books which contained my old files
AccountsBusiness.gnucash.gcm
Personal.gnucash.gcm
I copied these and ran the program, which identified the two files. I
highlighted and clicked each in turn, and was told both times
No suitable backend was found for
file://C:\Users\#######\.gnucash\books\AccountsBusiness.gnucash.gcm.

How can I get back my books?

Ian McAllister