recover GNUcash data after windows crash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 09:32:14 EST 2017

Ian,

Gcm files are not your data files. They are metadata files. Similarly, the “.gnucash” folder is the system folder that holds this metadata. Your data files (AccontsBusiness.gnucash and Personal.gnucash) are somewhere else on your backup. Put those on your new machine (not in the “.gnucash foldr”, BTW), and you’ll have your data.

HTH,
David