Feedback for 2.7.2 on Windows

Alen Siljak alen.siljak at gmx.com
Tue Nov 28 08:53:16 EST 2017

   Hi!

   This is my first post to the list and I'm still figuring out where all
   the different pieces of information should be addressed. I'm not sure
   if there is a specific channel for the unstable version feedback, apart
   from BugZilla.
   I had a brief run of the 2.7.2 version of GnuCash on Windows 10. It
   took a while to start the first time but everything went well there.
   The application seems quicker and more responsive than 2.6.18 in
   general.
   One thing I noticed, though, is that no custom reports were available
   in the Reports menu even though the settings were correctly copied to
   the new location in the roaming profile folder.

   Other than that, I'd like to thank you very much for this software
   package. I've followed it for years but have only made the switch
   recently. I'm still in the process of migrating the data. I really like
   being able to run my own reports on the data and, in that regard, I
   hope for more extensibility in the future. Python bindings are a great
   idea but they are currrently not available on Windows.
   Fortunately, Sebastien provided some wonderful functionality for Python
   in the form of piecash and gnucash-utilities project. I'm writing some
   portfolio tools and reports that I find missing in GnuCash, on top of
   those two projects, in https://github.com/MisterY/gnucash-portfolio.
   We'll see what this grows into and/if these get merged.

   Cheers,

   Alen