Slow startup on Windows 10, v2.6.18

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:59:31 EST 2017

Steve,

As far as I know, what you are describing has been the way GnuCash works on
Windows for the entire life of the 2.6 series as well as the 2.4 series
releases.

I am currently using various releases from 2.6.12 on to release 2.6 16 in
Windows and Linux and I see the same with files saved in compressed
.gnucash format.  I understand that behavior is a little different for
other formats and OS's but that there will not be a substantial improvement
in the 2.6 series or even in the upcoming 2.8 series, but I could be wrong
about that.

As you have noticed, closing all reports before closing the data file helps
minimize this.

David C