What's the best way to model an electronic funds transfer pull with hold

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 11:16:19 EDT 2017

Nelson,

When *I* have entered this in GnuCash, I have simply entered a transaction from one account to the other, effective when I initiated the transaction. The various delays and holds are, to my way of looking at this, background noise, and I just ignore them. They go away in a few days’ time anyhow.

If you have a need to track your money at this level of granularity, others have talked about creating “suspense” accounts to hold funds for the time they are neither here nor there (I’d name that account “Limbo” or “Purgatory”, personally). There are discussions about this on the list, which you can google.

HTH,
David