Location of report files

gbguy ereeder at mailup.net
Tue Oct 3 15:19:32 EDT 2017

John,I tried this on Windows 10, GnuCash 2.6.18 and thought I'd share what I
learned.

I looked in  Locale Settings <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Locale_Settings>
and it said:If you are running GnuCash 2.4.0 (or newer) on Windows, you can
set the interface language by editing the file environment. By default this
file is installed in c:\\Program Files\gnucash\etc\gnucash.  I assumed that
this would be the place to set such variables (/even though the article said
to first try setting it by using my system's control center - yes I'm an
idiot/)

I added this line to the environment file:
GNC_DOT_DIR="E:\Users\username\Dropbox\Ed's Stuff\Finance,
Taxes\GnuCash\DotGnuCash"
I guessed that this wasn't place to add the environment variable OR that the
blank spaces and single apostrophe in the path were causing problems (I
wasn't sure what "escape" rules applied to these variables)

I then set the GNC_DOT_DIR environment variable, as a user-specific
variable, and It Worked!

I'd been afraid that this would get overridden when GC started.  It did not!
RTFM!!!