importing qif file

Mike Weston mike99405 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 15:11:37 EDT 2017

I import a 10 day bank transaction from my only  bank into my only gnucash  checking account.  My checking is in current assets.  When I imported prior to this week, my transaction went to the checking account with a "unspecified" note in my transfer column.  This worked great for me.  When I tried to import the same way today, all of the data went to the "unspecified" account and not to the checking account as usual.  When I changed the "matching file" to checking account it still sent data to "unspecified". Then I got only deposits.

I have just a basic home setup.  Nothing fancy.  How do I get all of my transactions to my checking account to verify and balance them.