Receiving payments on invoices

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Oct 4 20:09:46 EDT 2017

When you process a payment, the payment is applied to all outstanding
invoices, current and past (you don't generally specify a specific invoice,
unless there is some partitular reason to match a payment to a specific
invoice). I don't know if over payments will be applied to future invoices --
I've never had to deal with that (the few times I have had over payments there
were no future invoices planned, so I just "absored" the over payments as a
"gift" ["tip"]).  My *guess* is that the overpayment becomes a credit that
will get applied to a future invoice, if you don't "edit" the split to do
something else with it.

At Tue, 3 Oct 2017 16:38:53 -0500 Roger Oliver <rmomxtx at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can you apply an overpayment on an invoice to future invoices or to
> other outstanding invoices to the same customer? Thank you, Roger

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933