Receiving payments on invoices

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 20:53:24 EDT 2017

I normally choose “process payment” from the Customer submenu of the business menu.

This brings up a dialogue from which I need to choose a customer.   Once I have chosen a customer all of that customer’s posted invoices are listed, and I can select those that the payment applies to.   If the payment adds up to one or more of the invoices, the payment amount will be autofilled at that point.  In the event of an over- or under- payment, I then edit the payment amount.   In the over- payment case, next time I choose to apply a payment for the same customer, one of the “invoices” listed will be a pre-payment, which I can then select to cancel against another invoice, possibly in combination with an actual additional payment.