importing

frank raney frankraney130 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 21:22:33 EDT 2017

I thought I had the importing figured out, but no...............
I exported my quicken data to qif format.  When I import it into GC I get a lot of double entries.  Quicken uses catagories, GC uses accounts... How do I import my cash accounts without getting all the duplicates.

My checking account imports as do all my categories to the same accounts in GC.  I am given a list of possible duplicates, but it will take days to go through this.  Isn't there a way import without sorting through the list?  If I do not go through the list (just import everything as is, I end up with every account with double entries, double money.

I am trying to get away from quicken because of all the troubles they are having, but now I wonder if it is worth it.  I am always for programs like GC, but sometimes they are very cumbersome, like this appears to be.  What am I missing?

Frankie Raney
12454 Auberry Rd.
Clovis, Ca.
559.297.8577 H