command line QIF import

Nelson fkjasdhf878 at mailinator.com
Sun Oct 15 13:14:29 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I am trying to import about 20 years of Quicken transactions into GnuCash
going trough a Quicken QIF export. As many people reported, this is a very
painful process and requires endless manual corrections.

I was wondering if it would be possible to maybe to do the import from
command line, and maybe to have more control of the process. Doing it from
gui, there are no options to modify / adjust the process and all warnings /
progress messages just disappear from the screen. Also, any entity remapping
is not kept from one test to another and it seems that no useful logs are
being created.

I am running this on windows and I've noticed 83 .exe files in GnuCash's bin
directory. Is any of these binaries capable to do an QIF import, maybe with
more options than the gui does and proper logging?

TIA.