Vendor Bill - Invoice Entries

fellowtraveler at comcast.net fellowtraveler at comcast.net
Sun Oct 15 18:52:40 EDT 2017

I had the following question about Vendor Bills and the entries:

1. For each vendor (or even for all vendors) can a list of products / services be created with accompanying Descriptions, Expense Account information, and Cost Information so that I would just be able to key in an item number or code to fill out the Entries of a new bill? For example: 12345 -> Give me a description, expense account, and unit price.

2. If 1 is available, can the number of items be individually counted and reported?

3. If 1 is not available in GNU Cash, are there any recommendations for software that would provide that capability?

It seems that such a function should be available, especially if a vendor is using this for product / services sales tracking….

Thanks. :)