command line QIF import

Adam Jensen hanzer at riseup.net
Mon Oct 16 12:18:15 EDT 2017

On 10/16/2017 09:52 AM, Nelson wrote:
> You're getting very defensive here David and your posts are not contributing
> to this discussion at all.

Hi Nelson,

This mailing list is gut wrenching to read. Sadly, it's not a new thing
for these open-source project communities to degenerate into something
of a Lord of the Flies type of mosh-pit situation with an overall tone
of hateful stupidity. I suspect the lack of structural support for
social organization and operational sophistication allows squatters and
vandals to gain a foothold and eventually dominate a project.

Anyway, from the little that I've seen in the last couple of days, it
doesn't look like there was ever any significant influence of data
integrity engineering involved in the architecture and infrastructure of
this software system.

While this software might not be considered a safety critical system
[1], the decisions that are based on the data involved could have
serious impact on people's lives.

>From this perspective, whether or not GnuCash is salvageable, I don't
know; but in the short term, it's probably prudent to find a more
reliable method and tools to manage one's critical data, IMO.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety-critical_system