Vendor Bill - Invoice Entries

Nelson Handcock nelson.handcock at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 18:49:56 EDT 2017

I think about the only way you could do it using Gnucash would be to add a
series of sub-accounts that are specific to each service that you provide,
and then post each bill for a service to the appropriate account.

Then you could use the existing reporting available in Gnucash to show the
breakdown of each service via the account structure.

I'm in a similar situation as you - using Gnucash to maintain the books for
a not-for-profit association. But in my case we have a wide variety of
products we sell and they change seasonally, so there's simply not enough
time in the day to keep up.

We use a Point-of-Sale system to record all our sales to our members called
Lettuceshare - (www.lettuceshare.org) - all sales are entered at our
"checkout" and then I summarise the data and import invoices into Gnucash
once a quarter. So can use this system for sales analysis rather than
Gnucash. It could potentially work for you too....

Cheers - Nelson