Quantity total below create / view / edit invoice

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 07:24:49 EDT 2017

On Thursday 19 October 2017 03:27 PM, Maf. King wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 October 2017 10:35:53 BST Amish wrote:

>>> The only way I see is to create your own custom invoice report, which will
>>> unfortunately require you to write some code in the guile/scheme language.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Geert
>> I think you are mixing my query with a similar query posted earlier today.
>>
>> I am not talking about reports. But I am talking about "Invoice tab"
>> that is opened when feeding data about Invoice.
>>
>> As we keep adding "Invoice items", the status bar shows "Total, Subtotal
>> and tax total"
>>
>> I think it would be nice if "Quantity" total is also shown in status bar.
>>
>> This would require source code changes and not guile/scheme.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> Amish
> Hi Amish,
>
> Whilst I don't ignore the stupid rules that tax authorities around the world
> dream up, I don't understand how summing the quantities of line items on an
> invoice is in any way useful.
>
> E.g. your customer buys 1 bulk box containing 10 widgets (line 1 - and costing
> less than 10 individual widgets) and 3 sprockets (line 2).  you list those on
> the invoice as quantities 1 and 3.  What use is the number 4?  your customer
> has 13 discrete items...
>
> I completely can see that the line item quantity numbers should be shown on
> the invoice, and a government could mandate that. If they really do want a
> "total quantity" shown at the bottom of the invoice, then that would be the GC
> invoice template that needs a mod, not the register window?
>
> 0.02
> Maf.

I agree if units are different then quantity makes no sense. But in my
case its always "PCS" (pieces) so it should help a bit.

Also we dont have to print quantity on Invoice but every month we have
to file tax return which mentions HSN code of item and number of pieces
sold.

I know its crazy but then who can say anything to Government?

I will try to see if I can learn report templates.

Thanks all for replies.

Amish.