Quantity total below create / view / edit invoice

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Oct 19 05:57:45 EDT 2017

On Thursday, 19 October 2017 10:35:53 BST Amish wrote:
> On Thursday 19 October 2017 01:00 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Op donderdag 19 oktober 2017 02:56:27 CEST schreef Amish:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> Recently in India GST was implemented.
> >>
> >> The government requires to report sale / purchase quantity too in
> >> invoice.
> >>
> >> When I create / view / edit invoice, I can see Invoice total and tax
> >> total in status bar.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to add Quantity total too? Or is there any other way?
> >
> > The only way I see is to create your own custom invoice report, which will
> > unfortunately require you to write some code in the guile/scheme language.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Geert
>
> I think you are mixing my query with a similar query posted earlier today.
>
> I am not talking about reports. But I am talking about "Invoice tab"
> that is opened when feeding data about Invoice.
>
> As we keep adding "Invoice items", the status bar shows "Total, Subtotal
> and tax total"
>
> I think it would be nice if "Quantity" total is also shown in status bar.
>
> This would require source code changes and not guile/scheme.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Amish

Hi Amish,

Whilst I don't ignore the stupid rules that tax authorities around the world
dream up, I don't understand how summing the quantities of line items on an
invoice is in any way useful.

E.g. your customer buys 1 bulk box containing 10 widgets (line 1 - and costing
less than 10 individual widgets) and 3 sprockets (line 2).  you list those on
the invoice as quantities 1 and 3.  What use is the number 4?  your customer
has 13 discrete items...

I completely can see that the line item quantity numbers should be shown on
the invoice, and a government could mandate that. If they really do want a
"total quantity" shown at the bottom of the invoice, then that would be the GC
invoice template that needs a mod, not the register window?

0.02
Maf.