Account report error for transactions the last 30 days

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 19:46:29 EDT 2017

Are you using Edit > Find or CTRL-F to search description/account, and use
the resulting register (which looks like a normal register) to calculate
totals? If so, I think the running balance is rather meaningless.

For your particular report I'd use the Transaction Report, depending on
whether you've allocated vendors their own accounts, or just the
Description.

Own Accounts:
Accounts/Accounts = your expense account
Accounts/Filter By = vendor account
Accounts/Filter Type = include txns to/from filter only

Accounts/Accounts = your expense account
Sorting/Primary Key = date
Sorting/Secondary Key = description