Manual import QFX file

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Thu Oct 26 15:59:57 EDT 2017

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 12:30 PM, Mike Butcher <butcherm58 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have been updating my file every week utilizing the generic import
> transaction manager for several years with no problems. A couple of weeks
> ago I started seeing just a blank screen of transactions to match. I cannot
> determine what has changed as my routine has been identical. The only thing
> that happened at that time was that I installed a new WIFI network system
> (modem and router). But I have no problem with my banking access and am
> able to download CSV files just fine. When I download the QFX file I get
> nothing listed. Please help.
>
> Mike B.

Have you looked at the contents of a recently downloaded QFX file? QFX files are just text. If there are transactions there, and when you say “get nothing” you mean that the import transaction matcher shows a blank window, then the most common cause is that the bank has started re-using internal transaction ID numbers (FITID tags in QFX-speak). Does your bank report any errors when you try to download transactions as QFX? Sometimes they stop allowing that for free, but don’t make it obvious that they expect you to pay because they think the only program that uses QFX is Quicken. And they might be set up to send an information message to quicken that aqbanking and gnucash simply ignore.

David Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com