Close Book regression

Yves-Eric Martin yem_lists.gnucash.org at filter.yve.net
Sat Oct 28 06:46:29 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Version: GnuCash 2.6.18 (built from rev 3a9fbb8+ on 2017-09-22)

I think I found a regression in the Close Book tool: until last year (not
sure which version unfortunately), the transactions on the closure date
were included in the calculations, resetting all income and expense
balances to zero. But now, it seems these closure date transactions are not
included anymore, leaving accounts with non-zero balances.

Steps to reproduce (on a new file with the default common accounts, no
transactions):

1) create a transaction in Expenses:Supplies on 2017-09-29 for the purchase
of goods for 1,000 (credit to Cash in Wallet)
2) create a transaction in Expenses:Supplies on 2017-09-30 for the purchase
of goods for 200 (credit to Cash in Wallet)
3) use the Close Book tool with:
  - Closing date: 2017-09-30
  - Income total: Equity:Opening Balances
  - Expenses total: Equity:Opening Balances

Current behavior: The Expenses:Supplies account shows a balance of 200

Expected behavior: The Expenses:Supplies account shows a balance of 0

Workaround: a temporary workaround is to run the Close Book tool using
"date + 1", then manually edit the two closing transactions and move them
back 1 day.

Thank you,
Yves-Eric