New user

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Sep 1 10:23:58 EDT 2017

> On Aug 31, 2017, at 8:54 AM, morris hindle <morris.hindle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please direct me to the proper place to ask these questions:
>
> 1) When I do a sort (for example) on Description, it is apparently case
> sensitive. No one does case sensitive search or sort anymore. How do I set
> the sort to be case (and diacritic) insensitive?
> 2) Pretty much all spreadsheet-like software these days does a sort if you
> click on the column name at the top (Excel comes to mind). Gnucash seems
> not to do that. Is that a design decision? Or just something that has not
> been implemented yet?

Changing the sorting of a register page is limited and anyway ill-advised as it will produce incorrect balances.

GnuCash isn’t “spreadsheet-like” software. It’s an accounting package. Please study  http://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=2.6&lang=C&doc=guide <http://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=2.6&lang=C&doc=guide> to learn how to use it and perhaps if it’s even a program that you want to use.

Regards,
John Ralls