Help needed: 2.6.17 not building on 32-bit systems

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Sep 1 12:56:55 EDT 2017

On vrijdag 1 september 2017 18:42:50 CEST Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > What do you mean with "hardcoded" ? Gnucash doesn't hardcode it as far as
> > know. Is it the slackware build script that does ? If so that one should
> > be
> > fixed.
>
> Geert,
>
>    I saw that in 2.6.16 and assumed it represented the library version on
> the system building the application. Now a newer version is on the system
> and I would expect that to be used.

I would expect that as well really. Are the proper development packages for
icu installed ?

Oh, wait! The 2.6 branch of gnucash is not even explicitly declaring icu as a
dependency. IIRC it's being pulled in via Webkit. You should check whether the
webkit dependencies in slackware have been properly updated to the new icu in
14.2.

Geert