Help needed: 2.6.17 not building on 32-bit systems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 1 13:25:37 EDT 2017

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, Geert Janssens wrote:

> I would expect that as well really. Are the proper development packages for
> icu installed ?

Geert,

   Slackware does not do separate dev packages. Everything's in each library
package.

> Oh, wait! The 2.6 branch of gnucash is not even explicitly declaring icu as a
> dependency. IIRC it's being pulled in via Webkit. You should check whether the
> webkit dependencies in slackware have been properly updated to the new icu in
> 14.2.

   Now there's a thought.

   I just checked and both webkitgtk and libwebp have newer versions than
what's on the SBo repository. I had not checked; assumed the maintainers
were up to date.

   I will now build and install libwebp, webkitgtk, and gnucash-2.6.17 and
will report the results.

   Thanks for catching this, Geert.

More later,

Rich