New user

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Sep 2 04:39:04 EDT 2017

On zaterdag 2 september 2017 06:23:52 CEST David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
> John,  Peter,
> Whatever the reason for Morris to want this (I, for example occasionally
> want to see all the payments to/from one payee), the fact remains that
> GnuCash already offers this functionality, although it is buried in
> View->Sort by (our whatever that menu option is). So, Morris is mostly
> asking for an interface improvement to make using this feature more
> accessible. Frankly, I think it might make sense. David

True. However it will be difficult to achieve with the current register code.
The unfinished attempt to rewrite this code to use standard gtk widgets did
provide this. Unfortunately that never got far enough to be added to the
stable gnucash releases. I haven't completely given up that alternative path
just yet, so it may still appear in a future release. That's the best I can
predict at this point :(

Geert