Could not obtain the lock

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 06:37:55 EDT 2017

It sounds like you are starting GnuCash more times than you are shutting it
down.  GnuCash can open more than one instance at a time, which would cause
the same message.

Take care to return to the open instance rather than starting a new
instance when you return, because it is possible to lose data from the
first instance when the second instance is shut down.

David C