Transaction Report - Subtotaling on Description? (Based on Previous Threads)

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Mon Sep 4 20:22:45 EDT 2017

On 9/4/2017 5:17 PM, aegross wrote:
> This post is more-or-less for the elders of the forum....those who have a lot
> of experience with GC and double-entry accounting....
>
> Was reporting on charitable giving for the current year, using the
> Transaction Report.  Tried to determine how to subtotal on Description;
> couldn't determine how and scanned through past threads and found these:

  I use a virtual set of books for this (because we want to track ALL
giving, not just tax deductible) and I do use separate accounts for each
donee in a hierarchy of classification (health, environmental, arts &
letters, etc. ). But that is mainly so that we can easily see as we go
through the year which organizations have or have not received their
annual donation, running totals of categories, etc.

Most of you would have little need for such detail.

Michael D Novack