Backup database

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 15 22:51:44 EDT 2017

On 09/15/2017 04:54 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
> At Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:06:56 -0500 <rmomxtx at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> How do you back up a GnuCash database to the cloud or to a detachable USB
>> memory or hard drive? Thanks, Roger

I do not do this at all.

In other words, I do not back up GnuCash database separately.

Every night, when I am asleep, cron does a full backup of my entire file
system except for images and videos. Of course, that includes the
GnuCash database, its reports, all my letters, everything in the cache
area of firefox and thunderbird, ... I do not even think about it.
Daily, all this goes onto a large external hard drive, and weekly it
goes onto magnetic tape. Also monthly, it goes on a magnetic tape that
is kept in my safe deposit box at my bank. U think it would be a simple
matter to put some of this on a thumb drive, but I cannot be bothered.

  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B Registered Machine  1935521.
 /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://linuxcounter.net
 ^^-^^ 22:40:01 up 3 days, 4:14, 2 users, load average: 4.32, 4.60, 4.70