Backup help

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 03:58:24 EDT 2017

Just to point out that database replication might not be considered a
good form of backup. It copes with something like a disc crash but if,
for example, a user or bug were accidentally to delete large sections
of the db then that deletion would be copied to the slave database.
Unless I misunderstand how replication works.

Colin