Backup help

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 20 04:35:44 EDT 2017

Hi Colin,

i agree with both you and Bram there. It is not a reliable backup of the
database but really only useful for sharing a database across several
machines and worked well for the use case where my laptop was generally
connected to my LAN and I worked away from home occasionally.  haven't had
any experience with how it copes with simultaneous access and locking
issues.  There is also the MYSQL Cluster as another approach. You also need
to check that the replication is up to date and completed before assuming
the databases are identical.  I use a cron job and mysqldump to dump  the
databases  to an NAS for backup.

David

-----
David Cousens