Version 3: Improved SQLite response?

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:24:55 EDT 2018

First let me say I have been a user of GNU Cash (on Windows) for many
years, and I greatly appreciate the efforts of all the developers.
Thank you all so much!

My question:

I tried SQLite early after it was considered usable by ordinary users,
but was disappointed to see that the response time (loading saved
views on start) on my large DB was not significantly different from
the flat file.  (To be fair, I didn't spend much time experimenting
because I didn't want to get out of sync with the flat file DB.)

Is there any specific SQLite improvement planned for Version 3?

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom