invoice - Modify the customer

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:04:11 EDT 2018

Yes, you can change the customer. But after the invoice is created, you need to click the Edit Invoice button on the toolbar in order to do this. When you click that button, you’ll get a window just like the one when you first created the invoice. Re-select your customer and then continue. The invoice will now be assigned to the new customer.

On the second question, yes, you can create duplicate invoice numbers. Your options are to change the invoice number to something else, or don’t specify an invoice number and let the system automatically create one for you. If you have a numbering pattern other than simply 1,2,3 et cetera, you can change the settings for the numbering pattern in File > Properties > Counters.

Regards,
Adrien

p.s. - Again, I’m not sure if you have a setting mixed up or not, but there is no need to post to the list twice. You did so originally with the subject line ’support’ and another with the subject line ‘invoice - Modify the customer’ now you’ve replied via the ’support’ thread which I did not reply to, and have also replied to the mailing list digest without changing the subject line. So now instead of one conversation thread people can follow, they have 3. Please, just hit ‘reply-list’ or ‘reply-all’ one time to this message and refrain from copying that reply to other message threads. If you are using the digest, please be sure to replace the subject line with the one specific to your topic, and only quote what is relevant to your topic, not the entire digest.