Record Auto Insurance expense

Tue Apr 3 09:55:26 EDT 2018

On 04/02/2018 09:03 PM, David Carlson wrote:
> Vendors is a business feature, and it is not recommended for
> non-business users.
>
> It is usually easiest to open up your checking, credit card or cash
> account register to enter all the transactions for each of those
> accounts.  Then enter a transaction with a transfer to
> Expense:Auto:Insurance or whatever account name that you want to use,
> creating new accounts when you want to.
>
> Have fun.
>
> David C
>
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 5:44 PM, subscriptions
> <subscriptions at renuecomputers.com
>
>     How do you actually record a auto insurance expense? Do you just
>     go to expense accounts / Auto / Fees and enter it there and do a
>     transfer from Checking account or would you create a Vendor
>     (GEICO) and then a bill?
>
>     Kinda a novice at this.
>
>     jdegraw

>     If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
>     https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists
>     <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists> for more information.
>     -----
>     Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>     You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Thank you. I did exactly that. :)

Accounting has always been my weak spot. I m moving from quickbooks to
GNUC as it actually looks simpler to me and less confusing then QBs.
Seems in QBs you dont get such a clear picture of what its doing in the
background. Especially when you run into a balance problem. With GNUC I
can quickly find issues and correct them.

Thanks for the reply,

jdegraw