"loadable only by GnuCash 2.6.20 and later"

Jim DeLaHunt from.gnucash at jdlh.com
Mon Apr 2 21:44:55 EDT 2018

3.0!  Many thanks to the GnuCash developers. I have been lurking on the
gnucash-devel list, so I have overheard all the discussion and care you
put into this huge accomplishment, and I can only imagine all the work
that you put in between posts.  I appreciate it!

Still, I have a question about the 3.0 release announcement
<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-April/075866.html>.
It said, "[Changes in the Bayes import maps] mean that if you have
Bayesian mapping data, once converted your database will be loadable
only by GnuCash 2.6.20 and later." That implies to me that there exists
a version 2.6.20.

Is there in fact a GnuCash 2.6.20?

The GnuCash.org "other versions" page
<http://www.gnucash.org/download.phtml> says, "Old Stable Release
(2.6.19)". I don't see a mention of 2.6.20.

The Sourceforge.net files/gnucash (stable) directory
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/>
has a directory named "2.6.20", containing a "-setup.exe", ".tar.gz",
and ".tar.bz2" files, but no "dmg" file (for Mac OS).

Looking through my archive of the gnucash-user list, I see an
announcement for 2.6.19
<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2017-December/073590.html>
in December 2017, but no announcement of 2.6.20.

Is a release of 2.6.20 coming soon, and I should just be patient and
wait for it?  Or am I misunderstanding the reference to 2.6.20 in the
3.0 announcement?

For me (running GnuCash on Mac OS X), the issue is that the changes in
the Bayes import maps, while welcome, will make my upgrade irreversible.
I would feel more comfortable if I could upgrade to 2.6.20 first, then
to 3.0. That would give me (the illusion of) a downgrade path.

Again, many thanks for 3.0! I look forward to using it, whether it be
sooner or later.

--
     --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
       multilingual websites consultant

       355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953