"loadable only by GnuCash 2.6.20 and later"

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 2 23:17:59 EDT 2018

> On Apr 2, 2018, at 6:44 PM, Jim DeLaHunt <from.gnucash at jdlh.com> wrote:
>
> 3.0!  Many thanks to the GnuCash developers. I have been lurking on the gnucash-devel list, so I have overheard all the discussion and care you put into this huge accomplishment, and I can only imagine all the work that you put in between posts.  I appreciate it!
>
> Still, I have a question about the 3.0 release announcement <https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-April/075866.html>. It said, "[Changes in the Bayes import maps] mean that if you have Bayesian mapping data, once converted your database will be loadable only by GnuCash 2.6.20 and later." That implies to me that there exists a version 2.6.20.
>
> Is there in fact a GnuCash 2.6.20?

Not yet, because I’m having a bit of trouble getting the Mac Intel package to build. It should get released in the next day or three.

As long as you’re using the XML backend you’ll have a backup to roll back to that will still load with 2.6.19, though you’ll lose any changes you’ve made in 3.0. Or you can wait a few days.

Regards,
John Ralls