[GNC] GNC Addition of Mailing List Subject Prefix

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 8 16:27:56 EDT 2018

On Sun, 8 Apr 2018, Fross, Michael wrote:

> Add me to the dislike list. A simple filtering of the "FROM" field works
> easily. I don't see what all the concern is about.

   Well, I'll throw in my $0.02 worth.

   I run Slackware linux and my own MTA (postfix) using procmail as the local
delivery agent (MDA). I can filter incoming messages using anything I want.
With this recipe:

:0:
* ^TO_.*@*(lists\.)?gnucash\.org
accounting

all incoming messages to, or CC'd to, either lists.gnucash.org or
gnucash.org are placed in the 'accounting' file.

   Where I find list name prefixes within brackets useful is when I want
several maillists (such as for spatial analyses) to be filed in the same
place because they address the same subject matter. The bracketed name tells
me which thread belongs to which mail list.

Regards,

Rich