[GNC] encoding bug in 3.0

René Romijn rene at romijnfotografie.nl
Tue Apr 10 12:28:05 EDT 2018

Hi Geert,

This is what the trace is saying after the first start of 3.0:

* 17:23:16 WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Uitvoeren van dochterproces is mislukt (No such file or directory)
* 17:23:16 WARN <gnc.backend.dbi> [GncDbiBackend<Type>::session_begin()] Sqlite3 file C:\Users\René Romijn\Documents\InstInkt\Boekhouding\InstInkt.gnucash not found
* 17:24:15 CRIT <gnc.core-utils> Cannot open file C:\Users\RENROM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\René Romijn\GnuCash\expressions-2.0: No such file or directory

Its getting confused with the é sign and because it cannot decode it, its translatet to é Result is that my old .gnucash is not converted and my custom reports cannot be saved.