[GNC] Addition of Mailing List Subject Prefix

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 10 16:48:21 EDT 2018

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018, listreader wrote:

> Your tally probably doesn't mean what you think it means. In my
> experience, far more people are likely to complain about 'changes' they
> don't like than are people who approve or are neutral about the same
> 'changes'. Like on a ratio of 10 to 1 or greater.

   Please add my vote to the neutral category. I subscribe to about a dozen
mail lists, most use a list-related prefix in brackets; a couple don't.
Because incoming messages are sorted into list-specific files the only time
the prepended tags matter is when multiple lists cover the same topic.

   GnuCash is the only bookkeeping application I use so a prepended tag makes
no difference to me. But, for those who don't automatically sort incoming
messages it could well be helpful.

   If having it present does no harm there's no reason to remove it, in my
opinion. If you're reading e-mail on a phone, watch, or other small device
and cannot see the entire subject line you probably have the ability to
scroll horizontally as well as vertically.

Rich