[GNC] Snap Package Manager

Les lelliott5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:51:51 EDT 2018

Hello Everyone:

I am currently running LInux Mint 18.2 and GC 2.6.17 (the latest from
getdebs.net).

Recently, I was reading the Linux Mint blog which mentioned a new
package manager called Snap, described as a self-contained package
manager containing all dependencies.  I checked Synaptic and found Snapd
and installed it

I used Snapd to install a new (to me) web browser called Brave.  After
the installation completed, I went to applications but there was no
listing for Brave.  Not what I expected, but no big deal.

I then did a listing of Snap packages and found Gnucash 2.6.21 listed.

Assuming I try to install GC using Snap, would I need to uninstall GC
2.6.17 first?

Does anyone have experience with Snap?

Regards,

Les