[GNC] XDG_CONFIG_HOME

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Apr 16 15:27:37 EDT 2018

Op maandag 16 april 2018 21:00:17 CEST schreef Fross, Michael:
> Thank you Geert.  This is extremely helpful.  I appreciate you taking the
> time to document all of that.  May make sense to get this into the  wiki...

Feel free to add it somewhere :)

> For Windows, I assume there are also two directories that correspond do
> ~.local/share/gnucash and ~/.config/gnucash.  I'll take a look for them.

Windows doesn't seem to make this distinction in general, so on that platform
config files and application data files still end up in the same directory:
CSIDL_APPDATA\GnuCash

CSIDL_APPDATA is a Windows configurable similar to the XDG directories. I
don't know Windows well enough to know how you can customize it though. It's
default value is
c:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Roaming

Regards,

Geert