[GNC] support

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 17 10:13:13 EDT 2018

Earl's Furniture <social at earlsfurniture.biz> writes:

> Derek,
>
> I haven’t checked yet to see if there is a bug filed, but the
> invoice/bill entry window has ‘edit’ buttons next to the
> customer/vendor and job fields. But those buttons don’t work as you
> noted, you have to click the ‘edit’ icon on the toolbar.

Correct, those allow you to literally edit the customer information
(e.g. change the customer's address, etc).  It does not change the
customer tied to the invoice.

> Now that there are no labels on the toolbar in some OSes, I can see
> how people will get confused and click them instead and wonder why it
> isn’t working.

Arguably this is a bug.

> Perhaps those edit buttons were intended to work at some point and
> aren’t finished?

No, they were intended to allow you to view/edit the *customer*, not
re-select the customer tied to the invoice.

> If no bug is yet filed, I’ll create one later.

This is not a bug.

> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> p.s. - I had already answered that user’s question I’m pretty
> sure. I’ll try to dig up the message link.

I was catching up on ~2 weeks of email, so it's possible that I didn't
see it when I responded.  IIRC there were multiple threads on this same
topic.