[GNC] gnucash v2.6 new install can't open on lubuntu 16.04?

vince hallvince13 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 03:03:36 EDT 2018

Hello the list,
I've installed the above version of gnucash on lubuntu 16.04,(also a new
install) and cannot get gnucash to open. This is on a older Dell
precision workstation 390.

The gnucash.trace report in /var says "* 08:22:27 OTHER <GLib-GIO>
Settings schema 'org.gnucash.general' is not installed"

This is something that's never happened before and I've used gnucash
since ubuntu 7.04.
I'm running the same version of gnucash on a netbook using Bodhi Linux v
4.5 and it's working perfectly!

Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Vince