[GNC] quotes - internal server error

Anne Bartley ambartley at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 26 21:49:31 EDT 2018

The last online quote I have is on April 11. A few days later, they stopped
working, The message is always "Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
."

I tried updating to F::Q 1.47 and gnucash 2.6.21.  I found the new online
quote entry in preferences and set it to my alphavantage API key but it
still didn't work. After much digging around, here's what I came with to
try:

In a cmd window on Windows 10:

cd ..\..\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin

set ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=[my api key]

perl gnc-fq-dump -v alphavantage JNJ

There's nothing useful in what comes back. The errormsg is "Internal Server
Error"

I've done the following:

perl gnc-fq-check

perl -v

The reply to the first is 1.47. The reply to the second is "This is perl 5,
version 26, subversion 1.

Can someone give me some advice on how to get quotes working again?

Thank you,

Anne